So proud to have been featured
on the cover of Drums Etc!
- All music students.
Instruments and Musicians
- Drumset: Chris Lesso
- Bass Guitar: Alex St.Kitts
- To discuss what the rhythm section is, and demonstrate how the bass and drums fit together to make the rhythm section of the band.
- Perform and talk about different styles of music and the function of the drumset and bass in these different styles. (Jazz, Rock, Funk, Latin, etc.)
- Give students a chance to play with professional musicians.
- Introduction and handout.
- Define what the rhythm section is, and its function in the band.
- Demonstrate the bass and drums playing together in different styles.
- Discuss the differences in the rhythm section in the different styles, and qualities that make a good rhythm section.
- Students are invited to play with the musicians, or to have a percussion circle between band and students.
- Question and answer.
- Various percussion sound makers. (Supplied by myself and the school)
- Drumset (Supplied by myself or the school)